You may think we Japanese eat sushi or tempura almost everyday, but it's totally wrong. If you want to find what we eat in our daily life, why don't you join our obanzai cooking experience? We believe Kyoto is best for you to try cooking since this ancient capital is the place where our rich food culture was born. Obanzai is Kyoto home cooking meals which are healthy and eco and bring a sense of the season. Let's enjoy our special cooking experience available only at KAFU!!
- Fried Tofu in Kinchaku Style
- Dried Daikon in Wasabi Sauce
- Rolled Omelet
- Boiled Rice
- Shiratama Dumpling with Marcha Sauce
What can you experience?
Mari Itoh / Producer
Chef, Patissier. She is currently studying to become a nutritionist.
I run the cooking class, “ANATANO SMILE” (it means “your smile”) in Kyoto. In my cooking class, I teach “Obanzai” (Kyoto home cooking meals), and use a variety of traditional vegetables from Kyoto. By cooking, I spread the enjoyment of cooking, and the importance of good nutrition. I have many of foreign visitors as well as Japanese students.
Bento (lunch box) class is held on Wednesday afternoon.
- Please make reservations until 5:00 pm on 2 days before the class through our booking system or by email as we need to order necessary materials in advance.
- Minimum participant count: 2 people * If you'd like to sign up for 1 person, please contact us without hesitation. Your reservation is acceptable when we have other participants at the session.
- Please call us at 075-201-3686 in case of a last minute cancellation.
Please refrain from canceling without notice. The materials used for a cooking lesson contain fresh ingredients; as such, once we place an order, it cannot be canceled. Please inform us of cancellations no later than 5:00 pm on the day prior to your class. Even in the case of an emergency and you are forced to cancel at the last minute, we would appreciate it if you could let us know. Thank you for your understanding.
When you don’t appear within 30 min of the starting time, it’s regarded as no-show and 100% of the fee is charged by email invoice.
- No charge for the cancellation more than 4 days before.
- 50% of the fee is charged for the cancellation 2-3 days before your booked lesson date.
- 75% of the fee is charged for the previous day cancellation.
- 100% of the fee is charged for the appointed day cancellation and no-show.
From JR Kyoto Station
Take the subway Karasuma Line, transfer to Tozai Line at Karasuma-Oike Sta., and get off at Higashiyama Sta. 3 minutes walk from Exit #1.
Take Kyoto City Bus #5 and get off at "Jingumichi" or #100 and get off at "Kyoto-kaikan, bijutsukan-mae" bus stop.
373-26 Horiike-cho, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0038 Japan
For urgent call (Japanese)
Mobile : 090-9101-1820
For urgent call (English)
Mobile : 080-4979-9622
(Only when you cancel the reservation at the last minute or when you get lost on the way to our facility.)
※ During lessons, meetings or outside hours, the call will roll to voice mail. Please leave your name, a phone number you can be reached at, and a brief message. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.